Now that the harshness of the winter months is behind us, we’re all hoping for some nice weather to take away our cabin fever. March can be a tricky month, full of unpredictable weather and an itch to get out of the house and away from the routine. Luckily, there are plenty of events and fun activities to get you out of the house and away from the temperamental weather. We’ve listed some of our top picks for March below. Check them out and enjoy!
- Glass City Wine Festival, March 1 – Looking for a date idea? Try this festival, featuring regional wines, sample gourmet cheese and fare from local restaurants. Purchase unique gifts and other items from local craft businesses. Tickets start at $25 and can be purchased online.
- Toledo Walleye vs. Kalamazoo Wings, March 14, 7:15 p.m. – Cheer on Toledo’s hockey club team against the Wings! Bring your kids to meet Spike the yellow walleye and root for a victory. Purchase tickets here.
- KeyBank Pops: The Music of Queen, March 15, 8 p.m. – The Toledo Symphony will rock you with a night of your favorites. Rock out to “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “We are the Champions” and other Queen hits. Tickets can be purchased online or in person.
- Zenobia Shrine Circus, March 20-23 – What’s more fun for the family than a day at the circus? Here you’ll see circus daredevils, acrobats, big cats, motorcycle stunt riders, circus clowns and more! Tickets can be purchased here.
- Smokey Joe’s Café, March 30, 7 p.m. – Fans of both Broadway and rock will enjoy this musical, featuring tunes such as “Stand By Me,” “Love Potion #9” and “Young Blood.” Nominated for seven Tonys and a Grammy award, Smokey Joe’s Café will have you hooked from the start. Click here to purchase tickets.
Are you attending any of these events? What do you like to do in March? Leave a comment and let us know!