Who doesn’t want more tricks of keeping up with house cleaning, right? Save time, money, and clean less often sounds good to me!
Here are a few tips…
1. Clean as you go. Don’t leave all your cleaning for one day because that will take forever. If you see something that needs to be dusted, do it, and then move on with your daily routine.
2. Keep all of your supplies together. This makes it easier to get started cleaning because you don’t have to go looking for your supplies, they will all be in one place. A shower caddy that college students use in dorms is a holder!
3. Purchase a 50-foot extension cord for your vacuum. This way, you can plug in your vacuum once without the fuss of having to stop vacuuming in the middle of a room to plug it into another outlet!
4. Use the same system for every time you clean. Try starting each room to the left of the doorway, at the top, and moving clockwise and down. It will almost be like you’re on autopilot once you get into the swing of the routine!
5. Make a “catchall” spot for each member of the family so that when you’re in a room and cannot even see the floor to vacuum it, you can easily pick everything up and put them in that one spot.