It’s often difficult to get the willpower to leave your house in the winter time. It’s cold, usually snowy, and it’s much easier to just stay in and watch another episode of whatever you’re watching on Netflix. Luckily, there are a variety of fun and interesting activities and events to entice you off the couch and out the door. Below are a few of our top picks for the month of February. Check them out and get out of the house!
- Greater Toledo Auto Show, Feb. 6-9 – If cars are your thing, the Greater Toledo Auto Show could be the perfect way to escape the cold! The show is filled with hundreds of cars, trucks, SUVs and motorcycles. Tickets are $6 for adults and $4 for seniors.
- Fire & Ice Benefit, Feb. 15, 7 p.m. – This fifth annual benefit by the American Red Cross recognizes blood donors while raising funds. Enjoy live music, hors d’oeuvres, live and silent auctions, and a bartending contest featuring local firefighters. Tickets are $25.
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibit, begins Feb. 15 – Are you a history buff? Visit this exhibit to learn about one of America’s greatest tragedies, see artifacts recovered from the ocean floor and room recreations, and hear personal stories. Purchase tickets here.
- Winterfest 2014, Feb. 21-23 – This annual festival is full of excitement, family-fun activities, artistic ice carvings and two nights of music, great food and your favorite micro brews and fine wines as Perrysburg hosts the National Ice Carving Championship! Find out more on the event web site.
- Restaurant Week Toledo, Feb.24-March 2 – Get ready to eat! This event showcases special menus from locally owned restaurants. Each restaurant offers a unique menu priced at $10, $20, or $30 per person excluding tax and tip. Each meal purchased from a Restaurant Week Toledo menu will support Youth Leadership Toledo.
Are you attending any of these events? What do you like to do to get out of the house in the winter time? Let us know by leaving a comment!